Grow and Behold Ships Nationwide!
We make it easy for you to enjoy our delicious kosher pastured meats anywhere in the US. Here's how:
* We ship by FedEx in reusable insulated coolers with dry ice anywhere in the US. Your order will arrive at your door completely frozen (even after 3 days).
* We generally ship on Monday - Thursday. Orders are due by 1PM EST on the same day of shipping. You can select Ground (1-3 day), Express Saver (3 day), 2-Day, or Overnight shipping options. We will not ship your order to be in transit over the weekend, so if you select a longer shipping method for Wednesday shipping we may hold your order to ship the following Monday.
* Shipping costs vary by location, and are based on the size of your shipping container (large or small). Our shopping cart will help you fill your shipping container as full as possible to minimize your shipping costs by telling you how full your box is. This feature is below the grid that shows the items currently in your cart.
* Once you have items in your cart, you can calculate your shipping costs by entering your ZIP code in the top right of the screen where it says "Shipping Cost?".
Ready to order?
Just start adding items to your cart, and select "Mail Order" as your shipping option when you check out. It's a simple process, but for step-by-step information, screen-shots, and FAQs, read on below.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Shipping Options and Zone Map
How to select shipping when you checkout
We ship our frozen products by FedEx in reusable insulated coolers. The coolers come in two sizes: a small box holds 15-28lbs; a large box holds 30-55lbs. You can see how full your box is below the list of items in your cart on the shopping cart page.
Our system will help you fill it to make the most of your shipping costs. Once your order is too big for a small box, the system will automatically switch you over to a large box. Once your order is too big for a large box, we'll start you on a second box.
Shipping charges vary by location. Calculate your shipping cost using the "Shipping Cost?" box on the right of the screen - just enter your ZIP code to see the cost of various shipping options available in your area. The Cost per pound shown is based on the items currently in your shipping box. As you get closer to 100%, you will see the cost go down.
In the Northeast, charges average $12-$14 for a small box and $18-$22 for a large box. Shipping to the West Coast is more expensive. A Packing and Refrigerant charge of $6.50 (small box) or $12 (large box) will be added to shipping orders at check out.
When the shipping and packaging charges are added together you'll find that a full box can be shipped to you for a little less than $1/lb in most areas of the Northeast. As far as we can tell, this is the most competitive shipping around!
Shipping Options and Zone Map
Fed Ex offers a range of shipping options. When you check out, you'll be asked to choose your preferred shipping method. Here is some important information to help you choose:
FedEx Ground Shipping/Home Delivery Map
- FedEx Ground/Home Delivery is the least expensive and is available for the pink, blue and orange areas on the map below. Depending on where you live, FedEx Ground will take 1 day (pink), 2 days (blue) or 3 days (orange) to arrive.
- If you live in the green or purple areas, you must select Express Saver or one of the overnight options.
- We only ship 3-day orders on Mondays, to ensure that your package will arrive before Shabbat. We will not ship orders that will arrive on Shabbat or Holidays.
- Overnight shipping is available.
How to select shipping when you checkout
These screenshots will help you navigate the checkout screens. The numbers - ie, (#1) - correspond to the red numbers in the screenshots to help you find your way around.
1. Make sure your box is full! Minimize your shipping costs.
Shipping charges are per box, not per pound. On the Shopping Cart page, we'll tell you how close your box is to being full, so you can add or subtract accordingly (#1.) Once your order is too big for a small box, we will switch you over to a large box and let you know how close that one is to being full. If there is still room for more items, we'll tell you which items will still fit in your box (#2.)
2. Select Mail Order
After you've added all your items to your shopping cart, click on the drop down menu under "Pick up / Delivery" and select "Mail Order." (#1) Enter the ZIP code of the address where your meat will be shipped (#2). Then click "Check Out" (#3).
3. Choose your Shipping Method
On the next screen, you'll see a drop down menu asking you to chose your shipping option. Click on "Please Select" (#4). Choose your preferred shipping option. If FedEx Ground (the cheapest option) is available in your area, it will be listed at the bottom of the drop down menu.
On the next screen you'll be asked to enter your address and credit card information. Please make sure to enter everything carefully as your order won't go through if any field are missing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the following questions if you're having trouble placing your order, or just give us a call: 888-790-5781. We're here to help!
Will my order arrive frozen?
Yes! We pack our orders to remain rock-solid for at least 8 hours after delivery. However, we recommend that you unpack and freeze your order immediately upon receipt. You do not have to leave a cooler outside for mail order shipments.
Can I place a really big order in multiple shipping boxes?
Yes! Once you've filled a large shipping box, our system will start filling up a second. This is a great feature for groups of neighbors who want to order together, or if you have a really big freezer!
Do I have to be home to sign for my shipment?
Only if you live in a multi-unit building. We ship our order signature release, which allows the couriers to leave your package when no one is home, if they feel it is safe to do so. The only times that couriers don't leave packages outside is when the delivery address is in a multi-unit building and/or the courier doesn't feel it is safe to leave the package outside.
When is the deadline to order for shipping the next day?
Check the "News and Updates" section on the left side of the website for the current shipping deadlines, as they vary from week to week.
When do you ship?
We normally ship on Mondays and Tuesdays. Inclement weather, holidays and volume delays may affect our shipping schedule.
How will I know when my order ships?
Fedex will e-mail you a tracking number when your order leaves our warehouse. There are occasional delays due to weather and heavy volume in the FedEx system. We also monitor your packages to make sure they are on route and will get in touch if there are any problems.
Can I recycle my shipping container?
Polystyrene (Styrofoam) can be reused many times and can be recycled in some areas. You can also return your shipping container (in good condition) to us and we will reuse it. To find out where you can recycle #6 Polystyrene in your area visit Earth 911. To make arrangements to send your shipping container back for reuse e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE ON SHIPPING when you purchase through a Buying Club. We'll ship orders to a specific location in bulk. We currently have West Coast Buying Clubs in Seattle, WA; the Bay Area, CA; and Los Angeles, CA. Don't live in one of those places? Learn more about starting a Buying Club in your area.
Please note the following shipping policies:
- You must check your address before you check out to ensure accuracy. Grow and Behold is not responsible for errors due to typos in your address.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- All orders are subject to availability of products.
- If you are shipping your order as a gift, please alert the recipient that something perishable is on the way.
We pride ourselves on packing your order to withstand the stress of shipping and we pack more than enough refrigerant to keep your order safe and delicious.
If you believe your order is spoiled due to our negligence:
Grow and Behold will replace or refund your order in the case that our negligence caused it to arrive in poor condition. We are not responsible for damages to your order caused by inclement weather or mistakes made by FedEx, but please do let us know if this occurs and we will do all we can to make it right.
- Contact us immediately at email@example.com or 888-790-5781
- Do not discard your order! Place it in the freezer immediately and save the shipping materials until you have contacted us